Any member can nominate an IOQ member from your local branch who you believe to be the most deserving for each category.
Nominations must be received by the Executive Council on or before 31 May each year.
Nominations should include some background information about the person: current job description, a mini version CV. If this is available in text format, simply “copy and paste” these details into the MS Word document below.
Please review the criteria for nominations as described in the Awards section, to ensure the member you wish to nominate is eligible. Include your reasons for nominating, and a contact phone number.
- Terra CAT Travel Award
- SCE Rocktec Award
- Porter Equipment Quarry Leadership Award (every second year commencing 2014)
- RD Hassed Memorial Trophy
- Lyn Jordan Memorial Trophy
- Winstone Aggregates Safety Award
- Institute of Quarrying NZ Award
- BR Webster Family Educational Scholarship
- AJ & RJ Loader Shield for Best Sponsor’s Display
- Turnco-Niemac-JCI Achievement Award
- WorksSafe Chief Inspector Safety Leadership Award
- Caernarfon Award
If you believe your quarry should be nominated for the Winstone Aggregates Safety Award, please complete the application based on the criteria for that award. Please forward entries for this award to the National Secretary by 30 April, so there is ample time for one of the Quarry Inspectors to arrange a quarry visit to better judge the applicants.
Note that the AJ & RJ Loader Shield for best sponsor’s display is judged during the Annual Conference.
Send completed nomination forms
together with supporting photos and documentation to the IOQNZ Secretary.
Closing date for nominations 31 May of each year