The Turnco-Niemac-JCI Achievement Award is made to recognise personal achievement by an IOQ member working as a quarry plant operator or engineer.
The intent is to reward a person directly responsible for plant operation, or in plant maintenance, or in problem-solving in the industry.
The Award offers opportunity to reward an achiever who may not necessarily be conspicuous within the industry.
- The nominee must currently belong to the Institute of Quarrying NZ (Inc).
- Nominations can be made by any member or group committee of the Institute of Quarrying NZ (Inc)
- Nominations should be sent to the Branch Secretary by mail or email (PDF preferred) before 31 May each year.
- Nominations should include summary information relating to the person, their employment history, currrent work and responsibilities, and a detailed accont of the particular outstanding achievement(s)considered to warrant recognition. The detailed account of achievement should include technical and/or financial information and pictures, as appropriate, to support the nominee’s achievements. It should also make clear what resources and support were (or were not) available to help the Nominee to get the results detailed.
- The Selection Panel will consist of the NZ President (or nominee), another IOQ Executive Committee member, and a Director of Turnco Engineering.
- An award will be made each year if the nominations received are of a suitable standard and in the prescribed format.
- The presentation of the award will where possible be made at the Institute’s New Zealand Annual Conference
2020 No conference
2019 Graeme Allan – Road Metals
Previously known as the Niemac Award
2016 Don Parker – Road Metals
2015 Barney Fuller – Walton Park Sand
2014 Joanne Dickson – Dickson’s Glenbervie Quarry
2013 Craig Payne – J Swap
2012 Peter Shapiro – Redbull Powder Company
2010 Tim Kennedy – Fulton Hogan
2009 Hans Hollis – Holcim
2008 Doug Upston – Road Metals
2007 Jack Parker – Road Metals
2006 Cobus van Vuuren – Higgins
2005 Lex Robb – Balfour Lime
2004 Roddy Maxwell – Fulton Hogan
2003 George Kelcher – Road Metals
Previously known as the Niederer Machinery (1989) Award
2002 Graeme Leach
2001 Brian Bouzaid
2000 Robert Webster
1999 Rodd Field
1998 Grant Amunsden
1996 Don Bellingham
1995 Peter Hamilton
1994 Mike Adams
Turnco-Niemac-JCI Achievement Trophy is a model Jaw Crusher trophy with an inscribed plaque, which is donated by Turnco Engineering and given to the recipient to keep.