This award is in memory of the late Lyn Jordan who was an early member of the New Zealand Institute.
The Lynn Jordan Memorial Trophy is awarded to the Institute member, or members, whose technical paper is judged the best given at an Institute Branch Meeting or the NZ Annual Conference.
- The paper can be presented by one person or be a joint effort by a group or organisation
- The term “technical” includes all aspects of the quarry industry including environment, research, transport, land, administration, and may be on an operation outside New Zealand.
- The Institute reserves the right to publish the paper either in whole or part in the Newsletter and other “official” Institute publications.
- Nomination can be made by the author, group committees, or any Institute member.
- Nomination should be accompanied by 6 type-written copies of the paper together with the details of the nominee’s educational qualifications, membership status, and the date that the paper was presented.
- Nominations should be sent to the Secretary together with all required information before 31 May each year.
- Nominations for papers being presented at the Annual Conference should be sent to the Secretary before 31st May each year accompanied by three copies of the paper.
- The selection panel shall consist of the NZ President plus one North Island and one South Island member of the Executive Committee.
The trophy remains the property of the Institute of Quarrying NZ (Inc) and is held by the current recipient for the twelve months following its presentation, which is made at the Institute’s NZ Annual conference normally held in July each year.