The Winstone Aggregates Safety Award is awarded to the quarry operation judged to be the operation best meeting a wide range of criteria relating to the industry.
Sponsored by Winstone Aggregates, this trophy is considered the most coveted award from our organisation.
Nominations for this award can be made by any Branch of the IOQNZ in writing. and must be supported in detail on the reason for the nomination.
Applications should reach the Institute of Quarrying Secretary by 30 April to ensure that the judging panel of IOQNZ approved personnel has sufficient time prior to Conference to visit each of the nominated quarry sites. If an entry is received too late to facilitate a visit, judging could be influenced by the quality of each presentation.
All nominations need to include
- Applicant’s name and company
- Site location and address
- Manager’s name
- Contact details including email
Judging will be influenced by achievements against the following criteria
- Year on year improvements – total accident frequency rate
- All equipment guarded to AS4021 and and AS1657
- Evidence of effective hazard management, hazard id, incident reporting and resolution
- Excellence in housekeeping
- Evidence of major safety initiatives
- Employee participation and management commitment to Safety.
It is intended that the award be displayed in a prominent place at the winner’s premises as a continuing reminder of the need to maintain high standards of safety within the Quarry Industry.
The trophy remains the property of the Institute of Quarrying NZ (Inc) and is held by the current recipient for the twelve months following its presentation which is made at the Institute’s NZ annual conference normally held in July each year.