- A webinar will share knowledge, ideas, and updates with extractive industry professionals across New Zealand.
- A webinar is a video presentation hosted online using free webinar software that you can download prior to your first webinar following instructions emailed to you from the IOQ NZ.
- Each webinar is facilitated by a subject matter expert.
- To participate in a webinar you require access to a computer or laptop, an internet connection (broadband wired or wireless 3G or 4G/LTE) and speakers and a microphone (built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth).
- IOQ NZ webinars are of approximately 1 hour duration and scheduled at 8am and 12noon on the facilitation dates.
- Webinars are open to discussion and questions throughout each presentation.
- Webinar delegates receive a copy of the webinar presentation and an IOQ NZ Certificate of Attendance upon completion.
- Examples of previous webinars held includes Effective Leadership, Quarry Consenting, Team Building, Managing Conflict, CoC Process, Traffic Management, Training and Supervision, Wellbeing in the Workplace and CoC Renewal Process.
- For a list of currently advertised webinars, please click HERE.
- Seminars are face-to-face workshops designed to share knowledge, ideas, and updates with extractive industry professionals across New Zealand.
- Each seminar focuses on a participate topic with seminar delegates receiving information from a subject matter expert.
- Seminar delegates receive an electronic copy of the seminar content prior to the seminar and an IOQ NZ Certificate of Attendance upon completion.
- Complimentary morning and afternoon teas and lunch are provided to each seminar delegate.
- Example of previous seminars held include Emergency Management, Environmental Management, Electrical Awareness and Quarry Products.
- For a list of currently advertised seminars, please click HERE.
MINI ONLINE COURSES
- Mini online courses are short courses focused on one topic designed to share knowledge, ideas, and updates with extractive industry professionals across New Zealand.
- These courses are offered online and can be accessed 24 hours and completed at the individual’s pace.
- Each course is made up of reading content and activities to support learning and understanding.
- Upon successful completion of the mini online course, delegates receive an IOQ NZ Certificate of Attendance.
- To participate in a mini online course you require access to a computer or laptop, an internet connection (broadband wired or wireless 3G or 4G/LTE).
- For a list of currently advertised mini online courses, please click HERE.
- An information huddle focuses on a particular topic that would usually be discussed during a toolbox meeting.
- An information huddle is presented in a PowerPoint presentation (2-3 slides) format where content can be changed/added/deleted to meet workplace requirements.
- Example of huddles includes Site Safety and Public Security, Working near Slopes, Pre-Start Warning Systems, Sight Distance, Road Gradients and many more.
- The full suite of information huddles available to IOQ NZ members can be found in the IOQ NZ Members Only section. Please click HERE.
- A fact sheet is a single page document containing essential information about a product, substance, service or other topic.
- A fact sheet can be printed as a hard copy for distribution.
- There are a suite of fact sheets available to IOQ NZ members and the list of available face sheets can be found HERE.
- A YouTube presentation is developed and facilitated by an external source and shared online.
- These presentations are useful in supporting extractive industry professionals in gaining further insights to topics of interest.
- There are a suite of YouTube presentations available to IOQ NZ members and the list of available YouTube presentations can be found HERE.
March 2021 Tēnā koutou katoa It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to the first Board Chair Update for 2021. I trust that you all had a...
COURSE OVERVIEWThe Effective Risk Management course is delivered online (via Institute of Quarrying Australia -IQA) and explains the fundamental...
Metso have 6 great webinars available: DateTopic16 JunGlobal launch: Nordtrack mobile range - The perfect balance between cost and productivity30...
The Institute of Quarrying (IQA) invites members and associated industry professionals to attend the upcoming webinar: The Brady Report: Review...