- This event has passed.
Course – Electrical Awareness (Auckland)
14 November 2017 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Presenter: Lionel Smith
Electrical Awareness for Quarry Managers and Supervisors
This course is based on AS/NZ Standards and is more focused on what to look for within the Quarry Industry in terms of electrical awareness. It is run by a Mining/Quarrying electrical inspector from Australia. It does not give the training to undertake electrical work.
The Worksafe Quarry inspectors have attended this course and it would assist attendees to identify what the inspectors would be looking for in a site inspection. This course would also be beneficial to suppliers of electrical services to Quarry companies and we would strongly recommend that companies circulate to the electrical contractors for their site for consideration to attend.
8hrs, six (6) hours of formal CPD has been approved for this professional development
• Senior management (Area managers)
• Middle management (Production managers) • Quarry foremen / leading hands
• Electrical professionals involved in the extractives industry
• OHS professionals and site safety officers
As a result of completing this program the attendees should be able to:
• Identify the hazards associated with the design, installation, use and maintenance of electrical installations using a documented risk assessment approach.
• Identify the effect of electricity on humans and how electricity can be safely used within the mining industry.
• Identity the electrical principles that will allow management to be more actively involved in decision making and supervisory processes.
• Develop and implement an electrical management system in accordance with the requirements of state based legislation, AS/NZS 3000 and AS 3007.
• Identify the hazards and controls associated with welding management.
• Identify the testing of electrical installations required by AS/NZS 3000, including the requirement to provide a certificate of compliance.
• Demonstrate an understanding of where to obtain additional technical publications and advisory material.