An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team as Quarry Manager at Rorisons Lime Quarry in the King Country.
We are a family owned and operated company with a proud history supplying high quality Agricultural Lime, CalciMag and AgriBlend fertilisers across the central North Island.
The site requires a Quarry Manager with A Grade certification but if you are looking for the next step in your quarry management career and are on the way to an A or B grade certificate, we would be also be keen to hear from you.
With a requirement for the right candidate to achieve A grade certification, education, training and development will be well supported.
Leading the experienced quarry team your key responsibilities will include:
- Management of the day-to-day quarry operational, quality, environmental and safety requirements.
- Optimising plant outputs and management of production costs through effective and proactive running, maintenance and servicing of both fixed and mobile plant
- Management of staff and contractor activities
Ideally you will have:
- Sound knowledge of extraction and processing systems
- Extensive experience working in an operations role
- A proven track record in staff management, leadership and motivation
- A solid understanding of quarry Health & Safety requirements and the ability to promote a strong safety ethos amongst staff and contractors
- The ability to demonstrate high levels of planning and communication skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude including operation and maintenance of heavy plant and equipment
- A/B Grade Quarry Managers Certificate would be advantageous, but applicants on the way to certification will be highly regarded
- A “can-do” attitude with well-developed problem solving and diagnostic skills
- A good sense of humour
We offer the opportunity to be part of a future focused, family-owned NZ agri business where you will be supported by our committed team. Along with a competitive salary, we offer a company vehicle and other tools of the trade.
You must have a full NZ driver’s license and have the right to work in NZ.
If you have a passion for the quarry industry and are looking for the next step in your Quarry Management career, where you can really add value and will be valued, please send your CV and cover letter to
Look forward to hearing from you!
Rorisons is committed to a drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and medical test.
Apply now for this role or get more information by contacting Mike Rorison on ph 0800 401040