Winstone Aggregates is a leader in aggregate products and services in New Zealand and operate 11 extractive quarries and 2 joint-venture quarries with our partners in addition to our cleanfill, labs, and transport functions.
At Winstone Aggregates, we are building the foundations of New Zealand where communities thrive. Our vision is to become the leading aggregates solutions provider, harnessing our quarries, labs and transport capability to delight our customers. We have strong growth aspirations with a successful 150+ year track record.
Our Tamahere Quarry is located just south of Hamilton and is a sand quarry with a small amount of other aggregate such as pebbles and stones servicing the Waikato and Bay of Plenty markets. We also like to get involved with the community, just recently supplying 600 tonnes of concrete sand to be used on the sand carpet for the 2023 FIFIA Women’s World Cup at Porritt Stadium and taking 15 truck and trailer loads of cleanfill back to the quarry. Getting involved with projects like this is what will keep the role diverse and interesting.
Reporting to the Central Regional Quarries Manager you will drive the commercial, people and operational leadership of your site, balancing both short and long-term priorities across all remits pertaining to Tamahere Quarry. Supported by specialists across environmental, engineering, safety and people, this role plays a critical role in shaping and influencing how Tamahere Quarry impacts our communities, customers and stakeholders.
• You’ll be a hands-on leader, able to build credible relationships with key stakeholders, and have strong influencing skills
• Team player with excellent communication skills and relevant work history
• Expertise in quarrying operations with a keen eye on continuous improvement is a must
• An understanding and experience with quality control techniques would be advantageous as we operate under strict Quality Assurance plans
• This position requires you to be a robust decision-maker, ensuring a high standard of work is achieved through your team
• A New Zealand A or B Grade Quarry Manager Certificate or relevant international qualification equal to is our only real requirement.
Quarry Manager is a sought-after role and doesn’t come along very often. If you have been thinking of your career progression and have been waiting for the right opportunity, then this is it.
Be Bold and help lead our business into the future by taking the next step in your career…
For more information, please contact Michelle on [email protected]