Location: Otorohanga, Waikato
Job type: Full time
Competitive Package + access to company vehicle
• Join a multinational industry leader.
• Lead in our quarry operations that are key to our growth.
• Progress your quarry management career in mining & industrial processing.
Responsible for leadership in our limestone quarry operations, execution of our quality and production plans and contributing to development projects at one of our key locations in New Zealand.
Graymont is a global leader in lime and limestone solutions. Lime is a versatile industrial chemical that is key to vital industrial processes and applications and is an essential element for addressing a multitude of complex environmental challenges.
To learn more
Based at our Oparure Limestone quarry near Te Kuiti, Waikato. Part of the quarry leadership team in supervision and safe delivery of mining activities. Key deliverables of the role include safe, sustainable mining and processing activities of lime and limestone products to meet quality and cost expectations whilst maintaining a healthy relationship within the community in which we operate.
As the Superintendent you will:
- Provide leadership, mentoring and coaching to team members and support and drive the company culture and values.
- Ensure safe and effective operation of the mining operations, crushing and milling plant.
- Influence the performance of mining and operations team members, contractors and visitors.
- Maximize mining production to build inventory and deliver required volumes while meeting quality and specification of dispatched products.
- Support with budget preparation and monitor and control expenditure within your area of responsibility.
- Work with various internal and external stakeholders to meet or exceed legal and regulatory expectations
whilst maintaining a healthy relationship within the community. The successful candidate will possess relevant leadership/supervisory experience in quarry/mining and/or industrial processing operations or other relevant experience. Ability to concurrently focus on a range of short, medium and long-term priorities is required.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
Every one of us contributes, as individuals and as team members, to meeting the needs of our customers. Whether you’re an engineer, accountant, plant manager, production worker, safety professional or one of our many other professionals, you will have opportunities to make a difference and help improve our world. With decarbonization as a key strategy, there will be opportunities for our employees to engage in climate-action initiatives and we will support employee participation in local carbon-reduction projects.
Please send your cover letter and resume by clicking the apply button.
Application details: Apply online for this role or contact Ivan Hernandez for more information.