The mission of the Institute of Quarrying NZ (Inc.) is to promote the fellowship, education and training of members to enhance the image and professionalism of quarrying in New Zealand.
To support the delivery of this mission, the Institute of Quarrying NZ (Inc.) has announced the appointment of an Educational Officer to service its members. The Educational Officer will report directly to the IOQ NZ (Inc.) Board and will work for the organisation for 1-day each week.
The Educational Officer will collaborate with like-minded industry organisations to:
- Provide and manage leading-practice qualifications and continuing professional development programs to meet the requirements of the New Zealand A-Grade and B-Grade Certificates of Competence.
- Develop and offer an Introduction to the Quarrying Industry Program to raise the profile of quarrying as a career choice for students and people new to the industry.
- Provide and manage leading-practice continuing professional development technical programs to quarry operators.
- Provide leading-practice continuing professional development leadership and management programs to managers and leaders in the industry.
- Develop and manage, in collaboration with members, an Annual Personal Professional Development Program to meet either legislative requirements or career development aspirations or both.
The Educational Officer will collaborate with the following organisations (but is not limited to) to deliver the above responsibilities and achieve the best possible outcomes for members:
- The Aggregate and Quarry Association (AQA)
- WorkSafe New Zealand
- Australasian Academy of Quarrying
“With the appointment of an Educational Officer, the IOQ NZ (Inc.) will enhance its profile by developing, managing and offering high quality, value-add educational services, qualification and continuing professional development programs to meet member and industry needs”, Mr Peter Morgan, IOQ NZ (Inc.) President said.
IOQ NZ (Inc.) Educational Officer
IOQ NZ Executive