To provide planning and analytical support to the Oparure Superintendent to improve operational performance with regard to quality, volume and cost as well as ensuring that systems for safety and environment are maintained and contribute to high level performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leading and fostering a culture of Zero Harm.
- Observing and giving feedback and recognition to fellow employees, contractors and visitors on safe and unsafe behaviours.
- Participating in regular Health and Safety Activities on site.
- Compiling monthly reports and ad hock queries and reports as required.
- Fully utilizing system tools to ensure timely and effective reporting to the business.
- Contributing to the development of quality assurance standards and maintaining appropriate records and manuals.
- Ensuring daily reconciliations of production and dispatch orders and raw material deliveries are completed in a timely, accurate manner.
- Contributing to achieving or exceeding budgeted targets and key performance indicators (KPIs) by:
- Ensuring systems are in place to accurately record production and consumption;
- Monitoring BOMs and Routings;
- Providing accurate reporting of operational activities including on agreed KPIs;
- Improving on established reporting systems where required;
- Minimizing cost through improved work and operational efficiency.
- Tertiary qualification may be an advantage
- Experience in a quarry or manufacturing environment preferred unless supported by a relevant tertiary qualification
- Ability to translate data into information
- Ability to understand information and challenge for accuracy and reasonableness
- Excellent communication skills – verbally and written
- Systems management and design
- Ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Intermediate computer skills – Word, Excel, SAP and JDE.
A full detailed position description is available on request from [email protected]