Graymont is currently seeking an experienced Quarry Supervisor to join the staff in managing the Oparure quarry. The Quarry Supervisor will manage a crew of 12 employees, plant mobile equipment and the crushing plant. The Quarry Supervisor is responsible for safety, environmental compliance, and execution of the mine plan, quality/grade control and all aspects of quarrying for our limestone quarry.
The successful candidate will work closely with our central mining/geology group to develop, maintain and execute the mine plan. This individual will work closely with both the Kiln and Maintenance departments to ensure safety, quality and the highest possible equipment availability. The Quarry Supervisor will deliver measurable results in Safety/Environmental/Quality/Productivity and Financial performance through the effective and efficient use of people, resources and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
The successful applicant is expected to take a hands-on approach and will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure the highest standards are achieved and maintained in terms of safety, environmental performance, quality, and efficiency in our drive to become World Class.
- Manage the activities of quarry production crews to meet established business and production objectives.
- Responsible for all mobile and stationary equipment in the quarry.
- Effectively manage the day-to-day quarry work environment to ensure safety, environmental, regulatory and production targets are met.
- Ensure product delivered from the site meets established quality standards.
- Work with the quarry superintendent and Corporate Mining and Geology group to interpret geological model mine plans and stone chemistry to forecast to avoid limestone quality issues.
A full detailed position description is available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org