We are looking to receive nominations from other young quarry employees to join the IOQNZ Youth Programme in 2018.
In 2016 your IOQ Executive launched a Youth Programme aimed to attract future leaders to our industry.
Last year, four candidates were selected from the nominations received.
Interested? Read on
Posters are available for your lunch room notice boards:
IOQ NZ (Inc.) members have identified the need to promote and support young members as they move through their careers within the extractive industry by providing opportunities for young extractive operators to make lasting relationships and gathering knowledge from established industry leaders.
As the extractive industry members age a new workforce will emerge that requires a guiding influence to ensure they have the best chance to succeed in tomorrows market place.
The purpose of this initiative is to identify individuals who demonstrate the qualities and commitment to become a future leader within the extractive sector by providing a platform for these candidates to gain experience and establish relationships that will assist them through their development.
In the first instance we will run a pilot programme to understand how this initiative will run and be received by members at large. Once the initial pilot programme is accepted the intention is to select one candidate from each Island to be a part of the programme.
Nominations will come from existing IOQ NZ (Inc.) members and the selection will be made by the IOQ NZ (Inc.) executive.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate the following criteria to be considered:
- 1-2 years experience in the extractive industry
- Currently employed in the extractive industry
- Have obtained or working towards a B Grade COC
- Have the support of their employer
- Able to supply character references to determine suitability to programme
- Be between 18-35 years of age
- Must be committed to understanding and upholding the IOQ NZ (Inc.) professional code of conduct
- Candidate must put together three (3) progress reports during the one year, outlining conference information they have learned and two subsequent follow up reports on their progress through the industry.
The successful candidate will be eligible for the following:
- Complimentary entry to Quarry New Zealand Conference
- Complimentary IOQ NZ student membership for 12 months
- •Exposure to the extractive industry on a regional and National level
- Opportunity to form relationships within the industry
Travel costs and accommodation costs for the Quarry NZ Conference are not covered by this programme.
Applications must include:
- Completed application form
- 1 letter of reference
- Letter of support from your current employer
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in the programme
- Current CV
All applications must be in for consideration by the IOQ NZ (Inc.) Executive Board by 1st of February 2017.
Matt Webster FIQ