Extractives Industry Health & Safety forum, 5 August 2015, Alexandra
Open discussion and information forums held by WorkSafe NZ and MinEx
These forums will be held in regional locations through this year
Our next session is in Alexandra
Where: The Alexandra District Club – 35 Centennial Avenue, Alexandra
When: Wednesday 5th August – 5.30 for 6.00pm
So we have an idea of numbers please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm if you are able to attend.
We are facing many changes effecting the mining, quarry and alluvial sectors:
- The new Health and Safety at Work Act currently before Parliament
- The 2013 regulations
- The “Good Practice Guidelines Health and Safety at Opencast Mines, Alluvial Mines and Quarries” released in draft form in November 2014 and due for release in June 2015
- Certificate of Competency training requirements.
What do these changes mean for you, when do they apply and what do we need to do?
These forums are an opportunity to learn how you, the industry, and the regulator can work together to ensure every site achieves the improvements in health and safety performance that all employees are entitled to.
Minex and Worksafe are holding the forums to give you the opportunity to ask questions first hand, engage with other locals on how they are implementing changes in their operations, find out about training courses in your region and more.
Further dates and venues to follow for:
(please note locations and dates are subject to change)
- Whangarei – 15 September 2015
- Ashburton – October 2015
- Invercargill – November 2015
Please feel free to pass this information onto others in our industry.
Chief Inspector, Extractives, WorkSafe NZ