Australian Quarry Conference, Melbourne, 11-14 Oct 2006
Report from George Kelcher
This year’s Australian Institute of Quarrying Conference was the first combined Conference of the Institute of Quarrying Australia (IQA) and the Cement, Concrete, and Aggregates Australia (CCAA) with the title of Construction Materials Industry Conference (CMIC 2006) and a very appropriate theme of Partnering for the Future
* attended by around 680 delegates and partners.
* fantastic weather – 37
* Atlas Copco Welcome Reception – very athletic and attractive Belly Dancers to Snake Charmers with the real live snake variety.
* Welcome speeches
* Numerous awards
* Jim Plaistead / MC for Business sessions
* All high quality papers / extremely wide variety of topics to listen to and learn from
* Thursday afternoon saw a shopping tour organized for the partners, sponsored by Hitachi