The award is to recognise a member’s contribution to innovation in the quarry industry. This may include innovation in any area of quarry operations including production, operations, plant design, maintenance or processes.
The member could use the travel award to view operations, enhancements, automation, plant design and services and maintenance that are innovative or being used to improve quarrying efficiencies, production or operation practices with a view to sharing these ideas within his/her own business and the industry.
“The striking glass award is inscribed and is the recipients to keep”.
- The nominee must be an active member of the Institute of Quarrying NZ (Inc) and have been involved in the quarrying industry for the past 2 years.
- The award is not transferable and all travel must be completed within 12 months of the presentation which is made at the Institute’s New Zealand Annual Conference normally held in July each year.
- A condition of the award is that a detailed written report on the travel is submitted to the Institute and Rocktec Ltd within 12 months of the presentation. The report will become the property of the Institute who can publish it in whole or part as it sees fit.
- Both Rocktec Ltd and the Institute of Quarrying NZ (Inc) will give every assistance to the recipient to plan the travel and during travel, but neither accepts responsibility for the persons well-being or costs in excess of the amount of $3,500 while the travel is being undertaken.
- Nominations can be made by any member of the Institute or any Group Committee.
- Nominations should be sent to the National Secretary together with all required information before 31 May each year.
- The selection Panel consists of the NZ President and Past President (or nominee), another IOQ Committee Member and a representative of the Rocktec Ltd team.