The Porter Equipment Quarry Leadership Award is presented to an Institute member who has achieved 10 or more years membership and who holds a management position within the quarrying industry.
This prestigious award offers an all-expenses paid 5 day trip to Korea to visit the Hyundai Factory hosted by Porter Equipment, and will be presented every two years.
- The nominee must be a current Institute of Quarrying member who has achieved 10 or more years membership and who holds a management position within the quarrying industry.
- The nominee must provide written evidence of their valued contribution to the Institute and the quarrying industry over the previous two years.
- As the award is hosted by Porter Equipment, travel will not be deferred and must be taken at the time organised by Porter Equipment.
- A condition of the award is that the recipient must provide a detailed written report of the tour to be submitted to the Institute and Porter Group within 3 months of travel.
The report will become the property of the Institute who can publish it in whole or part as it sees fit.
- Selection of the recipient of the award will be judged by the President and Vice President of the IOQ and a representative from Porter Equipment.
- Nominations can be made by any member of the Institute or any Group Committee.
Nominations to be received by the IOQ Secretary by 31 May 2020.