The Porter Equipment Quarry Leadership Award is presented to an Institute member who has achieved 10 or more years membership and who holds a management position within the quarrying industry.
This prestigious award offers an all-expenses paid 5 day trip to Korea to visit the Hyundai Factory hosted by Porter Equipment, and will be presented every two years.
- The nominee must be a current Institute of Quarrying member who has achieved 10 or more years membership and who holds a management position within the quarrying industry.
- The nominee must provide written evidence of their valued contribution to the Institute and the quarrying industry over the previous two years.
- As the award is hosted by Porter Equipment, travel will not be deferred and must be taken at the time organised by Porter Equipment.
- A condition of the award is that the recipient must provide a detailed written report of the tour to be submitted to the Institute and Porter Group within 3 months of travel.
The report will become the property of the Institute who can publish it in whole or part as it sees fit.
- Selection of the recipient of the award will be judged by the President and Vice President of the IOQ and a representative from Porter Equipment.
- Nominations can be made by any member of the Institute or any Group Committee.
Nominations to be received by the IOQ Secretary by 31 May.
2020 No conference
2018 Brian Bouzaid
2016 George Kelcher
2014 Steve Ellis