The Niemac Award is made to recognise personal achievement by an IOQ member working as a quarry plant operator or engineer or manager.
The intent is to reward a person directly responsible for significant development or engineering, or in plant operation, or in plant maintenance, or in problem-solving in the industry.
The Award offers opportunity to reward an achiever who may not necessarily be conspicuous within the industry.
- The nominee must currently belong to the Institute of Quarrying NZ (Inc).
- Nominations can be made by any member or group committee of the Institute of Quarrying NZ (Inc)
- Nominations should be sent to the Branch Secretary by mail or email (PDF preferred) before 31 May each year.
- Nominations should include summary information relating to the person, their employment history, currrent work and responsibilities, and a detailed accont of the particular outstanding achievement(s)considered to warrant recognition. The detailed account of achievement should include technical and/or financial information and pictures, as appropriate, to support the nominee’s achievements. It should also make clear what resources and support were (or were not) available to help the Nominee to get the results detailed.
- The Selection Panel will consist of the NZ President (or nominee), another IOQ Executive Committee member, and a Director of Niemac Limited.
- An award will be made each year if the nominations received are of a suitable standard and in the prescribed format.
- The presentation of the award will where possible be made at the Institute’s New Zealand Annual Conference