The Gough Cat Award is a $3500 travel grant, towards the cost of travel within New Zealand or Australia for the operator that has consistently shown the most dedication and commitment to the quarrying industry.
- The Nominee must currently belong to the Institute of Quarrying, and have been employed in the quarry industry for at least 2 years.
- The award is not transferable and all travel must be completed within 18 months of the presentation which is made at the Institute’s New Zealand Conference normally held in July each year.
- A condition of the award is that the travel be used to advance their knowledge of the quarrying industry and a detailed written report on the travel is submitted to the Institute and Gough Cat within 18 months of the presentation. The report will become the property of the Institute who can publish it in whole or part as it sees fit.
- Both Gough Caterpillar and the Institute of Quarrying NZ (Inc) will give every assistance to the recipient to plan the travel and during travel, but neither accepts responsibility for the person’s well-being or costs in excess of the amount of $3500 while the travel is being undertaken.
- Nominations can be made by any member of the Institute, any Group Committee, or any Gough CAT employee.
- Nominations should be sent to the national Secretary together with all required information before 31 May each year.
- The Selection Panel will consist of the NZ Institute President (or nominee), another IOQ Executive Committee Member and a Representative of Gough Caterpillar Senior Management.