United Quarry Ltd, based in Whangarei, Northland, is an Aggregate Quarry operator who are proud to have been supplying aggregate to Whangarei’s Roading & construction industry, as well as the wider community, for the past 30 years.
We are seeking a B-Grade Quarry Manager, or above, for our Kara Quarry, who has the potential and drive to work closely with the Company Directors in driving the business forward.
It is expected that you’ll be a good all-rounder, be hands-on and practical and have an ability to motivate others as a Manager. This is not an office-based role, as you will be required to also get stuck in with operational duties such as operating the quarries Loader and Excavator.
You will be actively responsible for:
- All aspects of the day to day running of the quarry, including operational duties.
- On site Health and Safety, including ongoing and continuous improvement of the Health & Safety Manual, Risk Management Plan and Quarry Operations & Hazard Register.
- Planning and continuous improvement of the Quarry Management Plan. Working closely with the external Blasting and Crushing sub-contractors.
- Ensure all relevant laws, regulations and codes of practice are being followed, including safety inspections.
- Monitoring the environmental impact of the quarrying operation.
- Loading Quarry aggregate on to Customers vehicles
- Excavation of Race/Brown Rock and Quarry Run
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance and housekeeping of the quarry, plant, buildings and vehicles.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and the Regulations for Mining and Quarrying Operations as part of the requirements of being a B-Grade certificate holder.
- Have a full understanding of the challenges faced by quarrying as an industry.
- Form good business relationships with both local Contractors and the larger Roading/Civil Engineering companies with a view to improve sales revenue.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers and contractors.
- Administrative duties, such as keeping records of sales and invoicing.
- Assist in the compilation of annual budgets.
- You will also be encouraged to get involved with in the local Quarry Institute and champion the cause of United Quarry Ltd.
You will need your licenses with classes/endorsements up to 4, F,R,T&W and be able to operate mobile plant out on the site.
Above all, you will have an initiative-led approach, be proactive when it comes to problem solving, have a willingness to be accountable and a good, positive attitude.
Only applicants with a current B Grade Quarry Manager Certificate of Competence, or above, will be considered for this role.
You will be Drug Free as Pre-Employment drug testing will be undertaken.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency.
Please apply with a Cover letter and updated CV to:
United Infrastructure Ltd.