Rorisons RMD Limited operates Lime and Serpentine quarries in the South Waikato. This well established business has been supporting the agricultural industry for over 50 years.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced and motivated Quarry Manager to manage our South Waikato quarries. Leading the teams at our newly developed limestone quarry and at our established serpentine quarry, this exciting and challenging role will provide variety and require you to be adept at keeping many balls in the air.
We are looking for a team player who has strong relationship building skills at all levels.
As Quarry Manager you will have a solid background in the Quarry industry and a high level of understanding of mobile and fixed crushing and screening equipment.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Management of day to day quarry operational, quality, environmental and safety requirements
- Leading the Production team
- Driving continuous improvement across all facets of quarry operations
- Managing production costs and optimising plant outputs, monitoring and reporting
- Planning and scheduling to meet production and quality targets
- Weekly and monthly production reporting and data management
- Optimising the utilisation, maintenance and servicing of plant both fixed and mobile
- Communicating with the Sales team and others to maximise customer satisfaction
Ideally you will have:
- An A Grade Quarry Managers Certificate and Certificate of Competence
- Experience in all aspects of day to day running of quarry operations
- A proven track record in staff management, leadership and motivation
- A solid understanding of quarry Health & Safety requirements and the ability to promote a strong safety ethos amongst staff and contractors
- A high level of mechanical aptitude including operation and maintenance of heavy plant and equipment
- Outstanding communication skills
- Competent computer skills
- A “can-do” attitude with well developed problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- A good sense of humour
This is a great opportunity to join a successful company and make a big contribution to the exciting growth plan we are on.
Apply now by sending your current CV and application letter to:
PO Box 4139
Successful Applicants will be required to undergo and pass all pre-employment checks including a drugs and medical examination.